This past Friday, I enjoyed selling cupcakes at the Arts Riot in downtown Burlington, Vermont. The flavors this week were carrot cake, raspberry, lemon, and blueberry. Even though my cupcakes are all different, I always use the same base recipe for each batch.
2 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time.
3. Add vanilla and baking powder, mix well.
4. Add half of the flour and half of the milk into the batter, stir until smooth.
5. Add in the rest of the milk and flour.
6. Add whatever flavoring you prefer.
7. Pour into cupcake forms.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes depending on the size of the cupcakes.
This batch makes about 24 cupcakes